Please view our current guests who are looking for love and a good home!
Overview of the Adoption Process
If you would like to adopt a animal from our facility, you need to start by filling out an Adoption Application. This can be printed out from our web site, you will need to complete the information needed to process your application and mail it to us at the address listed below. Once we receive your application, we will call you to discuss your application and obtain additional information if needed. More often than not, we will make a final decision in 5 business days of receiving your adoption application. If you are approved, you will then need to sign an Adoption Contract, submit proper identity and residence, and pay any adoption fees. Sorry no shipping available.
Basic Requirements for Adoption
- You must me 18 years of age or older.
- You must sign an Adoption Contract that certifies you will give proper care, feeding, and medical attention (when needed) to your new animal companion and that it will not be abused physically or emotionally.
- The property you will house the animal on must have secure fencing. This means property must have adequate fencing so that it will not escape and predators cannot get in.
- If housed outdoors, the property you will house the animal on must have adequate shade and shelter to protect it from extremes of weather. Trees, large bushes, man-made shelter, or some other protection is needed against the sun (especially in the summer) and also heavy rain and snow storms.
- Depending on the species it may be required to house the animal indoors, i.e. parrots, guinea pigs.
- The animal must have access to clean drinking water 24 hours a day.
- You must reside in the continental United States. We cannot ship animals to Alaska, Hawaii, or outside the United States.
How to Start the Adoption Process
- Look through the pictures and profiles of our animals listed for adoption and find the one that you would like to adopt. Adoption fees vary on the species.
- Print, complete all sections and mail the application to the Saint Francis Pet Foundation.
- Once we receive your adoption application, we will review it carefully then contact you within 5 business days from receiving it to discuss your application and obtain additional information if needed.
What You Will Receive Along With Your New Companion
- A breed profile and page on nutrition
- An official Saint Francis Pet Foundation sticker